Parent Guardian Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Obvious Choice, LLC activity/camp/program, I/we, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named above agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in an Obvious Choice, LLC activity/camp/program, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the staff of such condition and refuse to participate.
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in Obvious Choice, LLC’s activity/camp/program which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, Obvious Choice, LLC and its partners.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I/We accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Obvious Choice, LLC and its partners.
4. I/We hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Obvious Choice, LLC activity/camp/program facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the Obvious Choice, LLC activity/camp/program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Obvious Choice, LLC activity/camp/program facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasee” from all liability from all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin for any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to the property, arising out of or relating to the event(s) caused or alleged to be caused in while or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. I/We hereby acknowledge that the activities of the event(s) are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent recuse operations or procedures of the releasese.
6. Each of the undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against Obvious Choice, LLC and its partners, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse Obvious Choice, LLC and its partners for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
8. I/we understand that Obvious Choice, LLC and its partners are not responsible for the child(ren)’s equipment or personal belongings, while in transit to or from or at camp, if lost or damaged, theft or otherwise.
9. I/we consent to having photographs or videos taken during camp activities for the purposes of promotional use only. I/we give permission that any such photographs or videos may be published and used by Obvious Choice, LLC to illustrate and promote Obvious Choice, LLC and its programs. I understand that my and my child(ren)’s anonymity will be protected in the use of these photographs and videos by Obvious Choice LLC.
I/we have read this release and liability of waiver, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to me and intend my electronic signature to be complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
Registration is considered complete once full payment and registration form have been received. Payment must be made in full at least 10 business days prior to the first day of each activity/camp/program. Registrations submitted without payment or with partial payment may not be processed. Cancellations made on or before 10 business prior to the activity/camp/program are subject to a processing fee of 30% of the total paid. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 10 business days prior to the activity/camp/program.
After School Sports Programs may be cancelled due to weather or other emergency conditions if the school district/facility is closed. All efforts are made to reschedule the cancelled program, however no refunds are provided if the program is cancelled due to a school district/facility related to weather or emergency conditions.
Updated March 7, 2018